Thursday 15 March 2012

Portrait of a couple - 8










Today Ela pointed out a big mistake in the portrait,especially on her face. It is too wide on the right cheek and the chin is not her chin: it doesnt look like her chin.
   So,I had to correct these mistakes that I didnt notice before but I felt there was something wrong yet I couldnt spot it.






  In this shot I corrected the mistake and I think it looks much better than before, both right cheek and chin are narrowed a little bit.




  I have to say that after reading and listening the method of checking your work with a mirror, I have a very big mirror in my studio,so I place my work next to it, parallel to the mirror, and I sit and work and I check with the mirror every stroke I make. I check with the photo and mirror and I think this is a good technique to see with fresh eyes how well or bad is your work going like.

No comments:

Post a Comment